Book your service
Wheel imbalance is the phenomenon where the metallic wheel exhibits an uneven weight accumulation on a particular area of the wheel. It can happen due to the wear of the tyre or wheel material, improper fitting, and even manufacturing defects. If a wheel is continued to be used this way, it would aggravate the situation to the point of no return.
Nuneaton Bargain Tyres Ltd has an excellent record for the best wheel balancing Nuneaton has seen in ages. We love what we do, do what we love and spread smiles while doing that.
What’s wheel balancing?
Wheel balancing is the process of spreading the weight of the tyre mass evenly across the cross-sectional area. The wheel is essentially a rotating metallic disc. If the weight is not distributed evenly, the rotation may cause centrifugal and centripetal forces that can affect a lot of things.
- In wheel-balancing, mass is either added or removed to counter the forces of imbalance. The mass can be introduced by putting weights at a strategic point that nullifies the effect of the shifted mass.
- To remove the material to take out the extra weight and balance it the wheel again, machining processes are preferred. Machining processes like grinding, shaving, milling etc., eat away the excess material, leaving only a desired balance.
- A wheel balancing machine is often preferred to look for tyre imbalance. The wheel is mounted on a shaft that rotates at a uniform speed. Once the wheel starts rotating, the number of rotations per minute of the shaft is increased. Thus, if the wheel is imbalanced, it starts to vibrate.
- The wheel balancing machine is a sophisticated gadget that can generate an active report about the location and magnitude of the weight-adjusted.
- The machine is sensitive to these vibrations and measures their magnitude and direction for an accurate report as to what mass should be adjusted and where.
What are the effects of wheel imbalance?
Although this might seem troublesome, but believe us, it is completely worth it.
- To begin with, your car starts to vibrate. This adds to the discomfort of the passengers.
- The control and braking of the car also deteriorate to misdirected inertia.
- The grip does not remain that great and tyre, bearing, and other parts wear out fast.
- Noisy traversal due to uneven pressure distribution.
- Loss of angular steering and tread deformation are a common occurrence.
- If the imbalance is in the front wheel, it causes vibrations in the steering wheel; if it’s in the rear, the back of the car swerves unexpectedly.
What do the experts say?
The experts say that one imbalance check every six months should be the norm. In perspective, it still seems a lighter task than suffering the effects of an imbalanced tyre. And don’t worry! The experts who recommend this check will also help you get your wheel balanced at Nuneaton Bargain Tyres Ltd.
We have a team of experienced professionals who have learnt, practised, grown and evolved right amid the action. We understand our customers worry, ask questions and understand some more till we get it right. We have all the right equipment to perform the wheel balancing Nuneaton needs.
At the end of the day, you cannot help but smile at the amazing response of your car.